- Discovering Wireless Networks
- Connecting to an Unsecured Wireless Network
- Connecting to a Secured Wireless Network
- Automatic Reconnections to Wireless Networks
- Connecting to Wireless Networks with Hidden SSIDs
- Opening a Website to Complete the Connection
- Managing Wireless Connections
- Viewing Properties and Setting Up Internet Connection Sharing
- Disconnecting from a Wireless Connection
Viewing Properties and Setting Up Internet Connection Sharing
To view properties for the wireless adapter, click Adapter properties (Figure 11) from the wireless network management dialog shown in Figure 10.
Figure 11 The Networking tab of a wireless adapter's properties sheet lists network components in use and enables you to install or uninstall components.
The Sharing tab is used to configure your system as an Internet Connection Sharing host (Figure 12). An ICS host provides Internet access to other network computers through its own Internet connection. You can use ICS along with a wireless access point (or wired switch or hub) as an alternative to using a router.
Figure 12 The Networking tab of a wireless adapter's properties sheet lists network components in use and enables you to install or uninstall components.
Click the Allow Other Network Users to Connect… checkbox to enable ICS. To specify what services ICS will support, click the Settings button and select the Services from the Services list (Figure 13).
Figure 13 Using the Settings button to configure a wireless ICS connection.