Resetting the Time and Date
The time and date for your system should be automatically set when you first turn on your computer. If you find that you need to change or reset the time or date settings, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Click the time display in the notification area of the taskbar; then select Change Date and Time Settings.
- When the Date and Time dialog box appears, select the Date and Time tab.
- Click the Change Date and Time button.
- When the Date and Time Settings dialog box appears, select the correct month and year; then use the clock control to set the correct time.
- Click OK when finished; then click OK to close the preceding dialog box.
While you’re in the Date and Time dialog box, you can also set your time zone. Just click the Change Time Zone button and select your time zone from the pull-down list.