- Using Mac OS X Applications
- Installing Other Applications
- Launching Applications
- Opening Applications and Files
- Switching Between Applications
- Quitting Applications
- Playing Chess
- Creating an Address Book
- Editing an Address Book
- Managing and Sharing an Address Book
- Adding an Image to an Address Book
- Performing Graph Calculations
- Performing Calculations and Conversions
- Capturing Images with a Digital Camera
- Capturing Screen Shots with Grab
- Previewing Images and PDFs
- Creating Sticky Notes
- Managing Fonts with Font Book
- Activating, Deactivating, and Customizing Fonts
- Working with Dashboard
- Using Dashboard Widgets
- Adding and Removing Dashboard Widgets
- Creating a Web Clip Dashboard Widget
Creating an Address Book
When you work with Address Book, you have the ability to create cards of information. Each card can hold all the information you want to keep on a contact, no matter how many phone numbers and e-mail addresses a particular friend, or company might have. In addition, you can add a picture with a drag and a drop. Address Book comes packaged with a bunch of features such as: label generation, change of address notification, synchronization with MobileMe, Google Contacts, or Yahoo Address Book, view iChat Buddy status, and even the ability to use speech recognition to look up and search the Address Book database. Creating an Address Book involves launching Address Book, and then working through the simple setup procedures.
Create an Address Book
- Click the Applications folder in the Dock, and then click the Address Book icon.
- Click the Add Group (+) button to add a group.
- Give the new group a descriptive name, and then press Return.
- Click the Add Name (+) button to add a new card.
- Type a Name, and then using the Tab key, type a Company Name (if necessary).
- Click in the individual card fields to add information such as: Phone number, e-mail address, home address, Internet home
page, and Instant Messaging user name (a MobileMe or AIM screen name).
If you enter an IM or AIM user name, you can view iChat Buddy status while browsing contacts in the Address Book.
- If necessary, click the Remove button (-), located to the left of some of the data fields to remove that field.
- Click in the Note field to add specific text notes.
- If necessary, click on the Field pop-up to change the field name.
- Repeat steps 4 thru 9 to add additional address cards.
- Quit Address Book.