We have covered significant ground in this chapter, providing a detailed discussion of key SCA concepts and design principles. Specifically, we have accomplished the following:
- Defined service contracts
- Written component implementations using the SCA Java programming model
- Configured components as part of a composite
- Exposed an SCA service using web services
- Deployed a composite to an SCA runtime
With this foundation in place, we turn our attention in the next chapter to designing and building loosely coupled services using Java.