- Tip #1: Welcome (Dont Hate) the Ribbon
- Tip #2: Meet the New File MenuThe Office Button
- Tip #3: Remove the New Default Paragraph Spacing
- Tip #4: Spice Up Documents with Quick Parts and Building Blocks
- Tip #5: Use SmartArt to Visually Stimulate
- Tip #6: Add Shortcuts to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Tip #7: Understand the Compatibility Issues
- Tip #8: Change the Default Saving Format
- Tip #9: Change the AutoRecover Save Interval
- Tip #10: Protect Your Privacy with Document Inspector
Tip #4: Spice Up Documents with Quick Parts and Building Blocks
One of the great new features is Quick Parts and Building Blocks, which are insertable templates for headers and footers, cover pages, sidebar text boxes, and other document elements. These preformatted elements can add some spice and professional look and feel to your document. Figure 3 shows an example of some of these Building Blocks (with the Ribbon minimized to show the entire document).
Figure 3 These cool-looking graphics can be added easily.
To browse through these templates, select the Insert tab, click the Quick Parts button in the Text Gallery, and select Building Blocks Organizer. The Cover Page, Header, and Footer templates can be better previewed by selecting their respective buttons on the Insert tab.