- What's New for Installation with SQL Server 2008?
- Preplanning and Preparing a SQL Server 2008 Server Database Engine Installation
- Gathering Additional Information Necessary to Proceed
- Installing a Clean Version of SQL Server 2008
- Upgrading the Database Engine to SQL Server 2008
- Finalizing the SQL Server 2008 Installation or Upgrade
- Managing SQL Server 2008 Installations
- Best Practices
This chapter is from the book
The SQL Server 2008 installation process and deployment tools bear similarities to those found in previous versions of SQL Server. However, feature and performance enhancements associated with the new SQL Server 2008 Installation Center tool have improved the installation experience—whether you are installing a single SQL Server implementation from scratch or upgrading an existing system to SQL Server 2008.