- Working With Object Drawing
- Drawing with the Line Tool
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Drawing Shapes with the Rectangle and Oval Tools
- Using the Polystar Tool
- Understanding Selections
- Selecting Strokes with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Strokes and Fills with the Selection Tool
- Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
- Zooming In and Out with the Magnifying Glass
- Moving Around with the Hand Tool
- Displaying Rulers
- Using Grids and Guides
- Modifying Grid and Guide Settings
- Using Snap Align
- Changing Stroke and Fill Colors
- Creating Custom Colors
- Adding Colors Using the Kuler Panel
- Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
- Editing Fills with the Paint Bucket
- Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
- Creating Gradients
- Using the Fill Lock
- Using Paint Brush Modes
- Using the Spray Brush Tool
- Using the Deco Tool
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Drawing Curves with the Pen Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Selection Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Sub-Selection Tool
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Using Transform Options for Shapes
- Transforming Gradient Fills
- Moving and Rotating Objects in 3D Space
- Changing the Perspective Angle in 3D Space
- Adjusting the Vanishing Point in 3D Space
- Cutting and Pasting Graphics Between Layers
- Working with Graphics on Different Layers
- Distributing Graphics to Layers
- Changing Drawing Settings
Using the Spray Brush Tool
The Spray Brush tool (New!) allows you to spray particles onto the Stage using the current fill color. If you want to create a more complex pattern, you can also use a movie clip or graphic symbol from the library as a particle. You can adjust the spray pattern by selecting Symbol and Brush options in the Property Inspector. The Symbol options include Scale, Random scaling, Rotate symbol, and Random rotation, while the Brush options include Width, Height, and Brush angle.
Use the Spray Brush Tool
- Click the Spray Brush tool on the Tools panel.
Select a fill color for the default spray of dots and other options in the Property Inspector.
- Color Selector. Select a fill color for the default spray particle.
- Edit. Select a custom symbol from the library. You can use any movie clip or graphic symbol in the library as the spray particle.
- Scale. Scale the width and height of a symbol used as a spray particle.
- Random Scaling. Randomly spray particles on the Stage with different sizes.
- Rotate Symbol. Rotates the symbol spray particle around a center point.
- Random Rotation. Randomly rotate spray particles on the Stage.
- Width and Height. Specifies the brush width and height.
- Brush Angle. Specifies the spray angle of the particles.
Click or drag on the Stage where you want the pattern to appear.