For More Information
Learning More about the Document Object Model (DOM)
The following sites contain a plethora of good information for learning about the DOM:
- The W3C technical reports on the Document Object Model, at http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR
- The home of the DOM Scripting Task Force, at http://domscripting.webstandards.org/
Some popular libraries are listed next, although spending some time at any Ajax developer websites will quickly introduce you to many more. Selecting one (or more) to use will decrease your development time because you will not, as previously mentioned, have to reinvent the wheel.
Ajax Developer Websites
Finally, the best way to learn about Ajax development is to try it. Gather some code snippets, figure out how to integrate pieces into your existing applications, and learn from those who have been working with the technologies for some time. Following are some resources that will help get you started in Ajax development:
- Ajaxian is a developer portal providing news, articles, tutorials, and sample code for new and experienced developers. For more information, visit http://ajaxian.com/.
- Ajax Matters contains in-depth articles on Ajax development. For more information, visit http://www.ajaxmatters.com/.
- Ajax Lines is another developer portal with links to news and articles on all things Ajax. For more information, visit http://www.ajaxlines.com/.