- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Modifying Picture Size
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Editing Chart Data
- Sharing Information Between Programs
- Linking and Embedding Objects
- Flagging Documents for Follow Up
Editing Chart Data
You can edit chart data in a worksheet one cell at a time, or you can manipulate a range of data. If you’re not sure what data to change to get the results you want, use the Edit Data Source dialog box to help you. You can work with data ranges by series, either row or column, which you can switch around. The Row series is the data range displayed on one axis, while the Column series is the data range displayed on the other axis. Use the Collapse Dialog button to temporarily minimize the dialog to select the data range you want. After you select your data, click the Expand Dialog button to return back to the dialog box.
Edit the Data Source
Click the chart you want to modify.
- Click the Chart Data panel to expand it.
- Click the Edit in Excel button.
In the Select Data Source dialog box, use any of the following:
- Chart data range. Displays the data range of the plotted chart.
- Switch Row/Column. Click to switch plotting the data series from rows or columns.
- Add. Click to add a new Legend data series to the chart.
- Remove. Click to remove the selected Legend data series.