- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Modifying Picture Size
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Editing Chart Data
- Sharing Information Between Programs
- Linking and Embedding Objects
- Flagging Documents for Follow Up
Inserting a Picture
Office makes it possible for you to insert pictures, graphics, scanned photographs, art, photos, or artwork from a CD, DVD, online source, iPhoto library or other program into a document. You can insert pictures from files or insert photos from your iPhoto library. When you insert pictures from files on your hard disk drive, scanner, digital camera, or Web camera, Office allows you to select multiple pictures, view thumbnails of them, and insert them all at once, which speeds up the process. If you want to insert photos from an iPhoto library, you can access them using the Photos tab under the Object Palette tab on the Toolbox. After you select the picture or photo you want, you can insert it.
Insert a Picture from a File
Do either of the following to start the Clip Gallery:
- In Word and Excel, click the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click From File.
- In PowerPoint, click the Insert menu, and then click Picture.
- Navigate to the location on the drive and folder that contain the file you want to insert.
- To display specific file types, click the Enable drop-down, and then select an option.
- Click the file you want to insert.
Specify any of the following:
- To link a picture file, select the Link to File check box.
- To save the picture with the document, select the Save with Document check box.
- If the picture contains layers and you want to keep them separate, select the Treat picture layers as separate objects check box.
Insert Photos from the Toolbox
- Click the Object Palette tab on the Toolbox.
- Click the Photos tab on the Object Palette.
- Click the Categories drop-down, and then select the iPhoto library category you want.
- To locate a specific photo, enter a keyword in the Search box, and then press Return.
- Drag the Zoom slider to change the view percentage for the photos.
Drag the photo to the location where you want it.