- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Modifying Picture Brightness and Contrast
- Recoloring a Picture
- Modifying Picture Size
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Modifying an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Type
- Changing a Chart Layout Style
- Changing Chart Titles
- Changing Chart Labels
- Editing Chart Data
- Sharing Information Between Programs
- Linking and Embedding Objects
- Flagging Documents for Follow Up
Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
After you create a SmartArt graphic, you can add, remove, change, or rearrange shapes to create a custom look. For shapes within a Smart-Art graphic, you can change the shape from the Shape gallery and modify the shape text using familiar commands on the Font, and Alignment and Spacing panes on the Formatting Palette tab to create your own custom SmartArt graphic (New!). If you no longer want a shape you’ve added, simply select it, and then press Delete to remove it.
Add or Delete a Shape to a SmartArt Graphic
- Select the shape in the SmartArt graphic you want to modify.
In the Text Pane, click to place the insertion point, and then click the Add or Delete button to insert or remove a shape.
- You can select a shape, and then press Delete to remove it.
- You can also use the Promote or Demote buttons to indent the text, which changes the shape position.
Change Shapes in a SmartArt Graphic
- Select the shapes in the SmartArt graphic you want to modify.
- Click the SmartArt Graphics Styles panel to expand it.
Click the Shape button, point to a category, and then click a shape.