- A Disk Drive Overview
- Connecting a Hard Drive
- Removing a Hard Drive
- Adding a Printer
- Connecting to Another Mac
- Connecting to an Apple TV
- Connecting to a Computer via FTP
- Using an iPod as a Hard Drive
- Connecting a TV as a Second Monitor
- Connecting a Wireless Keyboard
- Connecting a Wireless Mouse
- Selecting a Time Capsule Drive
- Connecting to a Mobile Phone
Connecting a Hard Drive
You can connect several kinds of hard drives to your Mac: FireWire, USB, or over a network. You can also use an iPod as an external drive. This task shows you how to connect an external drive to a MacBook running Mac OS X Leopard.
- Connect the hard drive to your Mac.
- Wait for the drive to appear on the desktop. Double-click the hard drive icon to open it. Navigate its files and folders in a Finder window.