- Exploring the Windows Vista Desktop
- Using the Mouse
- Scrolling a Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
- Using the Windows Start Menu
- Opening a Program
- Switching Between Programs
- Using Menus
- Using Toolbars and Ribbons
- Managing PC Resources with Computer Explorer
- Managing Windows with the Control Panel
- Personalizing the Desktop Background
- Changing the Color Scheme
- Using a Screensaver
- Using the Windows Sidebar
- Setting Up Additional Users
- Getting Help in Windows
Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
After you’ve opened a window, you can maximize it to display full-screen. You can also minimize it so that it disappears from the desktop and resides as a button on the Windows Taskbar, and you can close it completely.
To maximize the window, click the Maximize button.
To minimize the window, click the Minimize button.
To close the window completely, click the Close button.