- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing File Icons
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Using the Dashboard
- Making Your Own Widgets
- Automatically Updating Your Widgets
- Creating Custom Network Locations
Changing the Dock’s Size
The more stuff you stash in the Dock, the more room it takes up on your screen. If it gets too full, you can shrink it to give you more room onscreen—or, if you prefer, you can make it larger so it’s easier to see what it contains.
Click the line between the two halves of the Dock and drag upward to enlarge the Dock.
Drag downward to reduce the Dock’s size.