Setting Screen Brightness
Because you’re continually looking at iPhone’s screen, it should be the right brightness level for your eyes. However, the screen is also the largest single drain on battery power, so the less bright iPhone’s screen, the longer iPhone’s battery lasts. You have to find a good balance between viewing comfort and battery life. Fortunately, iPhone includes a brightness feature that adjusts for current lighting conditions automatically:
- Move to the Settings screen and press Brightness. The Brightness screen appears.
- Press the ON button to disable the Auto-Brightness feature. You’ll get more battery life with Auto-Brightness on, but the information is here in case you want to control the brightness manually.
- Drag the slider to the right to raise the base brightness of the screen. This uses more power, but the screen is brighter.
- Drag the slider to the left to lower the base brightness of the screen. This causes the screen to be dimmer but uses less power.
- Press Settings. You move back to the Settings screen.