Top Ten YouTube Tips and Tricks
- Tip #1: Flag a Video for Future Viewing
- Tip #2: Save Your Favorite Videos
- Tip #3: Create a Video Playlist
- Tip #4: Share a Video via Email
- Tip #5: Watch YouTube Videos on Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #6: Post a Video Comment
- Tip #7: Post YouTube Videos to Your Own Blog
- Tip #8: Upload "Live" Video from a Webcam
- Tip #9: Upload Videos from Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #10: Edit Your Videos with YouTube Remixer
YouTube is a video-sharing site that lets users upload and view all sorts of video clips online. The site has become a repository for literally millions of movie and TV clips, music videos, home videos, and video blogs. But there's more to YouTube than just clicking the Play button, as evidenced by these ten fun and useful tips and tricks.
Tip #1: Flag a Video for Future Viewing
Here's a familiar situation. You're browsing the YouTube site and find a video that looks interesting, but you don't have the time or inclination to watch it right then. Fortunately, YouTube lets you save this video in a temporary QuickList, without having to open the video page and start playback. Then, when you're ready, you can go back to this video and watch it at your leisure.
To add a video to your QuickList, all you have to do is click the little + button at the lower-left corner of any video thumbnail. Videos stay in your QuickList for just a single web browsing session; as soon as you close your browser window, the QuickList is flushed.
To see all the videos stored in your QuickList, go to any video viewing page and look for the Unsaved Playlist panel on the right side of the page. View a single video by clicking the thumbnail, or you can play all the videos in your QuickList one after another by clicking the Play All link. To clear your QuickList, click the Clear link.