- Sun Cluster 3.0 Series: Guide to Installation—Part 2
- Major Resources
- Sun Cluster 3.0 Software
- Install SC 3.0 On First Cluster Node—Without Reboot
- Identify the Device ID (DID) on the First Cluster Node
- Verify DID is Available on Each Additional Cluster Node)
- Install SC 3.0 Patches on the First Cluster Node
- Verify the Install Mode is Enabled
- Install SC 3.0 on Additional Cluster Nodes— Without Reboot
- Install SC 3.0 Patches on Additional Cluster Nodes
- Establish the SC 3.0 Quorum Device - First Cluster Node Only
- Configure Additional Public Network Adapters - NAFO
- Configure ntp.conf on Each Cluster Node
- Verify /etc/nsswitch Entries
- Update Private Interconnect Addresses on All Cluster Nodes
- Add Diagnostic Toolkit
Section 2.2: Identify the Device ID (DID) on the First Cluster Node
On the first cluster node, examine the /etc/name_to_major file, and record the DID number located at the end of the file. This value must be unique for the SunPlex platform. Furthermore, upon completion of the Sun Cluster software installation, the DID number configured in the /etc/name_to_major file should be identical on each cluster node.
On the first cluster node, enter the following command to examine the /etc/name_to_major file. For later use, record the major device number entry during this installation for global device IDs (that is, DID xxx).
root@clustnode1# tail /etc/name_to_major . . . . . . did 300
Displaying the last few lines of this file should indicate the value for a global did of xxx. After the Sun Cluster software has been installed, each cluster node must have the identical value (for example, did 300). This file will be automatically modified, later, during VxVM installation.