Signing Up for Google Apps
You can sign up for a Google Apps account from any browser window. Much like any other signup process you encounter, Google asks you for pertinent information, such as your name, address, and so on. Just fill out the forms as prompted. The following steps show you how to sign up for Google Apps for Work, but signing up for the other types of Google Apps editions works pretty much the same way.
Sign Up for Google Apps for Work
These steps show you how to sign up for Google Apps for Work. Signing up for the other types of Google Apps editions works pretty much the same way; there are just some slight variations in the forms you fill out.
- In your browser’s address box, navigate to www.google.com/work/apps/business.
Click the Get Started button.
- Enter your first name, last name, and your current work email address in the About You section of the form.
- Fill out your business information, including name, number of employees, country, and phone number.
Click the Next button.
- Specify whether you want to use an existing domain name or purchase a new one. In this chapter, I explain how to set up Google Apps with an existing domain because it’s the most common scenario.
- Enter your existing domain in the Your Own Domain field.
- Enter the email address you want to create for your Google Apps account.
- Enter a password and retype to confirm it.
Enter an alternate email address. For example, if you already have a Gmail address, you could enter that here.
- Prove you’re not a robot by typing the text you see in the image.
- Select the agreement check box. Optionally, you can choose to receive special announcements, special offers, and such; select the top check box to do so.
Click the Accept and Signup button.
- Click Continue in the Set Up with a Google Advisor section to display a toll-free number you can call to speak with an advisor.
Click Continue in the Set Up on Your Own section to open the Admin Console where you can set up Google Apps by yourself (with onscreen guidance).