This chapter is from the book
- Why do you need to define a website?
- What is the purpose of the Files panel?
- True or false: You must go through a conversion process to import an existing website into Dreamweaver.
- You define a website so that Dreamweaver knows where the root of the site is and what your site management preferences are.
- The Files panel can be used to create new files and folders, edit existing files, and access site management features.
- False. No conversion process is necessary to import an existing website into Dreamweaver.
- Try defining a new website. Add some files and folders to the new site. Name one of the files index.htm.
- Search for Site Map in Google (http://www.google.com) and look at the organization of other sites on the Web. The folders used to store web pages might or might not reflect the same structure outlined in the site map. Click some of the pages and look at the folder structure in the URLs.
- Open up the Site Definition dialog box and explore the other categories in the Advanced tab (Design Notes or Cloaking, for instance). We cover the other categories in upcoming hours.