This chapter is from the book
Exam Prep Answers
- Answer D is correct. The Memorial Football Stadium (9 on the map legend) is southwest of Monroe Grade School. The juveniles described in answers A, B, and C are running away from the stadium.
- Answer C is correct. Properly following the directions, the pedestrian will walk eastbound on Main Street from the southeast corner of the power plant and then head north on Jefferson Avenue for four blocks. (It doesn’t matter that Jefferson is a southbound one-way street because this is a pedestrian.) The pedestrian will end up at Jefferson Avenue and Beech Street; the Flagtown Municipal Swimming Pool (19 on the map legend) is at the northwest corner of Maple Street and Monroe Avenue, which is southwest of the pedestrian’s final location. Answers B, C, and D are incorrect because they name incorrect directions.
- Answer B is correct. The northwest corner of Elm Street and Old Towne Road is north of Main Street, which means that the accident occurred on State Route 683, which is the Ohio State Highway Patrol’s jurisdiction. Therefore, answers A, C, and D are incorrect.
- Answer A is correct. Maple Street is north of Main Street; therefore answers B, C, and D are incorrect.
- Answer C is correct. The Mercer County Industrial Park is outside the city limits and in the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department’s jurisdiction; therefore answers A, B, and D are incorrect.
- Answer D is correct. The north side of Superior Street is in the city limits, which is in the jurisdiction of the Flagtown Police Department, and the south side of Superior Street is outside the city limits and under the jurisdiction of the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department. Answers A, B, and C are incorrect because the exact location of the vehicle on Superior Street is not given.
- Answer D is correct. Answer A is incorrect because Jefferson Avenue is a one-way southbound street, therefore Officer Baxter cannot travel north on that street. Answer B is incorrect for the same reasons that A is incorrect. In addition, it isn’t necessary for Officer Baxter to travel northbound on Lincoln Avenue because the emergency room entrance is on Maple Street. Answer C is incorrect because despite Officer Baxter traveling west of the one-way street to take a two-way street (Washington Avenue) northbound, it also has him traveling north on Lincoln Avenue from Maple Street when he should have continued traveling east on Maple until he reached the emergency entrance.
- Answer A is correct. Answers B and C are incorrect because the Flagtown Medical Center is located in the city limits and is under the jurisdiction of the Flagtown Police Department. Answer D is incorrect because officers are responding to a fight complaint, not to the traffic accident.
- Answer C is correct. Answer A is incorrect because the vehicle at fault is shown traveling westbound on Commerce Street, and both vehicles struck are shown to have been traveling the wrong way on one-way streets, which would have put those vehicles in violation as well. Answer B is incorrect because the vehicle at fault is shown to have begun travel from a location east of Ash Street instead of west of it, and the accident is shown at the wrong intersection. Answer D is incorrect because the vehicle at fault is shown to have begun travel from a location on Commerce Street that is east of Bay Street instead of west of Ash Street; the intersection of the collision is also incorrect.
- Answer A is correct. Answer B is incorrect because Grant is shown as a street that’s south of Unity when it should be north of it. The pedestrians are therefore at the wrong location and the vehicle shown traveling on 5th Street is headed the wrong way for the one-way traffic, which would mean it was at fault as well and did not have the right of way. Answer C is incorrect because the pedestrians and vehicles involved in the accident are shown at the wrong intersections. Answer D is incorrect because the pedestrians are shown at the wrong intersection.