PRODUCT SUPPORT ANNOUNCEMENT
See the latest about COVID-19 shipping availability and video/Web Edition load errors. Learn more.
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Learn Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Skype, and More!
My Social Media for Seniors helps you learn what social media is all about, and how to use it to connect with friends, families, and more. The full-color book provides a general overview of what social media is and what it does, then offers step-by-step instruction on how to use the most popular social media-- Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter. It also covers other social media, including online message boards and group video chat services such as Skype and Google Hangouts. In addition, the book offers strategies for using social media to find old friends and colleagues, as well as how to use social media safely and securely. Here are a few things you will learn:
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 2 and the Index)
1. What Social Media Is -- and Why We Use It
2. Separating Fact from Fiction Online
3. What to Share -- and What Not to Share -- on Social Media
4. Using Social Media -- Safely and Privately
5. Comparing the Most Popular Social Media
6. Keeping in Touch with Friends and Family on Facebook
7. Sharing Pictures and Videos on Facebook
8. Discovering Interesting Groups on Facebook
9. Configuring Facebook's Privacy Settings
10. Following Interesting People on Twitter
11. Tweeting and Retweeting on Twitter
12. Pinning and Repinning on Pinterest
13. Finding Other Users and Boards to Follow on Pinterest
14. Fine-Tuning Your Professional Profile on LinkedIn
15. Connecting with People and Businesses on LinkedIn
16. Sharing Photos with Instagram
17. Getting Social on Special Interest Message Boards
18. Getting Social with Video Chats
19. Using Social Media to Find Old Friends
20. Exploring Other Social Media