- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3041-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3041-3
Extend your Excel 2007 skills—and create more-powerful and compelling charts in less time. Guided by an Excel expert, you’ll learn how to turn flat, static charts into dynamic solutions—where you can visualize and manipulate data countless ways with a simple mouse click. Get the hands-on practice and examples you need to produce your own, professional-quality results. No programming required!
Maximize the impact of your ideas and data!
- Learn how your design decisions affect perception and comprehension
- Match the right chart type to your communication objective
- Visualize—then build—your solution using the author’s five-step approach
- Apply the science of color to make the right things pop
- Add controls—such as drop-down lists and scroll bars—without coding
- Use conditional formatting to dynamically highlight and analyze data
- Unleash your chart-making creativity—and bring numbers to life!
- More than 150 sample, customizable charts for various business scenarios
- Helpful worksheets and job aids
- Bonus content and resources
- Fully searchable eBook
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Table of Contents
- How to Use this Book
- Chapter 1: Basic Information-Basic Techniques
- Chapter 2: New Approaches-Getting Started
- Chapter 3: Perceiving, Interpreting, Understanding
- Chapter 4: Colors, Areas, and Outlines
- Chapter 5: Graphical Objects
- Chapter 6: What, For Whom, How, and With What?
- Chapter 7: Elements of Dynamization
- Chapter 8: Chart Types-Conventional and Exceptional
- Chapter 9: Dynamic Chart Formatting and Other Tricks
- Chapter 10: Presentation Solutions That Pack a Punch
- Chapter 11: Fulfilling Special Requirements
- Chapter 12: More Than Numbers
- Appendix A: List of Sample Files
- About the Author
- Choose the Right Book for You