This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Conquer today’s Windows 10—from the inside out!
Dive into Windows 10—and really put your Windows expertise to work. Focusing on Windows 10’s newest, most powerful, and most innovative features, this supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, up-to-date tips, and workarounds. From the new Timeline to key improvements in Microsoft Edge, Cortana, security, and virtualization, you’ll discover how experts tackle today’s essential tasks. Adapt to faster change in today’s era of “Windows as a service,” as you challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
• Install, configure, and personalize the latest versions of Windows 10
• Manage Windows reliability, security, and feature updates in any environment
• Maximize your productivity with Windows 10’s growing library of built-in apps
• Pinpoint information fast with advanced Windows Search and Cortana techniques
• Discover major Microsoft Edge enhancements, from extensions to accessibility
• Use Cortana to perform tasks, set reminders, retrieve data, and get instant answers to pressing questions
• Secure devices, data, and identities, and block malware and intruders
• Safeguard your business with BYOD work accounts, Windows Hello, biometrics, and Azure AD
• Deploy, use, and manage Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps
• Store, sync, and share content with OneDrive and OneDrive for Business
• Collaborate more efficiently with the Windows 10 Mail, Calendar, and Skype apps
• Seamlessly manage both physical and virtual storage
• Optimize performance and battery life and troubleshoot crashes
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 3)
Part I: Windows 10 essentials
Chapter 1: What you need to know about Windows 10
Chapter 2: Installing, configuring, and deploying Windows 10
Chapter 3: Using Windows 10
Chapter 4: Personalizing Windows 10
Chapter 5: Managing updates
Part II: Productivity
Chapter 6: Installing and configuring apps and desktop programs
Chapter 7: Using and managing built-in Windows apps
Chapter 8: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer
Chapter 9: Storage and file management
Chapter 10: Cortana and Windows search
Part III: Managing Windows 10
Chapter 11: Managing user accounts, passwords, and credentials
Chapter 12: Performance and power management
Chapter 13: Windows networking
Chapter 14: Hardware and devices
Chapter 15: Troubleshooting, backup, and recovery
Part IV: For IT professionals and Windows experts
Chapter 16: Hyper-V
Chapter 17: Managing business PCs
Chapter 18: Windows security and privacy
Chapter 19: PowerShell and other advanced management tools
Chapter 20: Maximizing productivity on a portable PC
Appendix A: Windows 10 editions and licensing options
Appendix B: The Windows Insider Program
Appendix C: Help and support resources