Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Software Project Management: A Unified Framework
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 1998
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 448
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-30958-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-30958-4
Software Project Management presents a new management framework uniquely suited to the complexities of modern software development. Walker Royce's pragmatic perspective exposes the shortcomings of many well-accepted management priorities and equips software professionals with state of the art knowledge derived from his twenty years of successful from the trenches project management experience.
This book provides a clear and provocative discussion of the economics, metrics, and management strategies needed to plan and execute a software project successfully. Royce discusses--with refreshing candor--some of the fads, follies, and excesses of the software industry, clearly differentiating proven techniques from obsolete methods. Paired with this insightful examination are compelling arguments for new management approaches that are sure to stimulate debate. The relative impacts of these new techniques are quantified through simple economic analyses, common sense, and anecdotal evidence. The resulting framework strikes a pragmatic balance between theory and practice that can be readily applied in today's challenging development environment. An extensive case study analysis of a large-scale, million-line project--deployed successfully on schedule and under budget using these techniques--further illustrates their application.
Software Project Management provides the software industry with field-proven benchmarks for making tactical decisions and strategic choices that will enhance an organization's probability of success. This book includes:
- Top ten principles for modern software management
- Strategies for smoothly transitioning an organization to modern processes and technologies (such as Rational's Unified process)
- Methods for keeping software engineering teams motivated and effectively prioritized
- Insight into the impacts of technology, people, and economics on managing a project
- Metrics and forecasting guidance for project costs, schedules, and quality control
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Patterns of Information Management
- Book $43.99