Network Securities: Applications and Standards provides the following features to facilitate learning:
UPDATED! The text includes the most recent innovations in a comprehensive coverage of the field.
- UPDATED! Professors in the field have reviewed this book since the last edition to clarify and tighten the narrative and improve illustrations.
- NEW! Chapter on network access control includes a general overview of the topic plus discussions of the Extensive Authentication Protocol and IEEE 802.1X.
- NEW! Section on cloud security covers the security issues related to cloud computing.
- NEW! Online chapter on SHA-3 discusses the new cryptographic hash standard, which was adopted in 2012.
- NEW! Section on mobile device security introduces this essential aspect of enterprise network security.
- UPDATED! Chapter on malicious software now focuses on backdoor/rootkit malware more commonly installed by social engineering attacks, rather than more classic direct infections like viruses and worms.
- NEW! Sample Syllabi guide instructors in using the text for a limited amount of time.
- NEW! Learning Objectives begin each chapter.
The text is organized into three parts to help students better retain core subjects
- Part I: Cryptography presents a concise survey of the cryptographic algorithms and protocols underlying network security applications, including encryption, hash functions, message authentication, and digital signatures.
- Part II: Network Security Applications covers important network security tools and applications such as key distribution, Kerberos, X.509v3 certificates, Extensible Authentication Protocol, S/MIME, IP Security, SSL/TLS, IEEE 802.11i WiFi security, and cloud security.
- Part III: System Security looks at system-level security issues including the threat of countermeasures for malicious software and intruders and the use of firewalls.
- Copyright 2017
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 464
- Edition: 6th
- ISBN-10: 0-13-452733-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-452733-8
For courses in Corporate, Computer and Network Security .
Network Security: Innovations and Improvements
Network Securities Essentials: Applications and Standards introduces readers to the critical importance of internet security in our age of universal electronic connectivity. Amidst viruses, hackers, and electronic fraud, organizations and individuals are constantly at risk of having their private information compromised. This creates a heightened need to protect data and resources from disclosure, guarantee their authenticity, and safeguard systems from network-based attacks.
The Sixth Edition covers the expanding developments in the cryptography and network security disciplines, giving readers a practical survey of applications and standards. The text places emphasis on applications widely used for Internet and corporate networks, as well as extensively deployed internet standards.
Table of Contents
Part I: Cryptography
- Symmetric Encryption and Message
- Public-Key Cryptography and Message
- Key Distribution and User Authentication
- Network Access Control and Cloud Security
- Transport-Level Security
- Wireless Network Security
- Electronic Mail Security
- IP Security
Part III: System Security
- Malicious Software
- Appendix A Some Aspects of Number Theory
- Appendix B Projects for Teaching Network Security