Program listings include highlighting of the new features presented and syntax coloring of code to help readers better interpret the code.
Signature “Live Code™ Approach” — Language features are presented in the context of complete working programs.
Features thousands of lines of code in hundreds of complete working programs.
Enables students to confirm that programs run as expected.
Icons throughout identify hundreds of Software Engineering Observations; Good Programming Practices; Common Programming Errors; Portability Tips; Performance Tips, Testing and Debugging Tips, and Look-and-Feel Observations.
Provides hundreds of valuable programming tips and facilitates learning.
Extensive set of interesting exercises and substantial projects that enables students to apply what they've learned in each chapter.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 960
- Edition: 5th
- ISBN-10: 0-13-215100-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-215100-9
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e is appropriate for both introductory and intermediate-level client-side and server-side programming courses. The book is also suitable for professionals who want to update their skills with the latest Internet and web programming technologies.
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction to Computers and the Internet
- 2 Introduction to HTML5: Part 1
- 3 Introduction to HTML5: Part 2
- 4 Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets™ (CSS): Part 1
- 5 Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS): Part 2
- 12 Document Object Model (DOM): Objects and Collections
- 14 HTML5: Introduction to canvas
- 15 XML
- 16 Ajax-Enabled Rich Internet Applications with XML and JSON
- 17 Web Servers (Apache and IIS)
- 18 Database: SQL, MySQL, LINQ and Java DB
- 19 PHP
- 20 Web App Development with ASP.NET in C#
- 21 Web App Development with ASP.NET in C#: A Deeper Look
- 22 Web Services in C#
- 23 Web App Development with ASP.NET in Visual Basic