- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3050-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3050-5
Tackle the toughest set-based querying and query tuning problems—guided by an author team with in-depth, inside knowledge of T-SQL. Deepen your understanding of architecture and internals—and gain practical approaches and advanced techniques to optimize your code’s performance.
Discover how to:
- Move from procedural programming to the language of sets and logic
- Optimize query tuning with a top-down methodology
- Assess algorithmic complexity to predict performance
- Compare data-aggregation techniques, including new grouping sets
- Manage data modification—insert, delete, update, merge—for performance
- Write more efficient queries against partitioned tables
- Work with graphs, trees, hierarchies, and recursive queries
- Plus—Use pure-logic puzzles to sharpen your problem-solving skills
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Logical Query Processing
- Chapter 2: Set Theory and Predicate Logic
- Chapter 3: The Relational Model
- Chapter 4: Query Tuning
- Chapter 5: Algorithms and Complexity
- Chapter 6: Subqueries, Table Expressions, and Ranking Functions
- Chapter 7: Joins and Set Operations
- Chapter 8: Aggregating and Pivoting Data
- Chapter 9: TOP and APPLY
- Chapter 10: Data Modification
- Chapter 11: Querying Partitioned Tables
- Chapter 12: Graphs, Trees, Hierarchies, and Recursive Queries
- Appendix A: Logic Puzzles
- About the Authors