Inside Java SE 9 shows experienced programmers exactly how to take full advantage of the highly anticipated new features in Java SE 9. Featuring sample code that reflects real-world use cases, this practical book by JavaOne Rockstar Monica Beckwith explains the key features and functions of Java SE 9 and demonstrates the benefits of utilizing them.
Beckwith shows how Java’s new module system (“Project Jigsaw”) enables working developers to build scalable solutions that are more secure and maintainable; and deliver exceptional performance. She reviews Java SE 9 changes in areas ranging from data types to performance optimizations; showing how to make the most of Java’s new tools and facilities. For example, you’ll learn how to:
If you’re moving to Java SE 9 -- or want to know why you should -- Inside Java SE 9 is the book you’ve been waiting for.
1. Java Introduction and Evolution to Java 9
2. Java’s Type Systems Evolution
3. Packages, Interfaces, Classes and Objects
4. Monolithic Java vs Modular Java
5. Java Microbenchmarking Harness
6. Java Logging Interface
7. Automatic Memory Management and GC Ergonomics
8. Java 9: Other New Features