The all-in-one HP ProLiant best-practice reference and HP Certified Professional AIS prep guide
Covers hardware, operating systems, storage, and much more
Authored by members of the HP ProLiant AIS and ASE exam development team
This book systematically reviews every HP ProLiant AIS exam objective and thoroughly covers technology-related exam components that are not addressed in HP's 4-day AIS and 5-day ASE courses. Even if you're not currently preparing for certification, its systematic "best practice" coverage makes it an indispensable single-source reference for deploying, optimizing, and maintaining HP ProLiant servers. Coverage includes
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
Preface: The Accredited Integration Specialist (AIS) Credential.
I. INDUSTRY-STANDARD SERVER TECHNOLOGIES.
1. Introduction to Server Technologies.
2. Server Chipsets.
3. Processors and Multiprocessing.
4. Memory and Cache.
5. Bus Architecture.
6. Server Storage.
7. Disk Array Technologies.
8. Introduction to Fibre Channel.
II. HP SERVER TECHNOLOGIES.
9. The HP ProLiant Server Line.
10. HP Rack and Power Technologies.
III. HP STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES.
11. HP SCSI Implementation.
12. HP ProLiant Storage.
13. HP Array Technologies.
IV. SYSTEMS INTEGRATION.
14. Evaluating the Customer Environment.
15. Installing, Configuring, and Deploying a Single Server.
V. SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT.
16. Introduction to HP Systems Management.
17. HP Lights-Out Management Technologies.
18. Installing Hardware Options and Upgrades.
20. Optimizing Storage.
VII. PROBLEM RESOLUTION.
21. Backup Strategies.
22. Problem Resolution, Performance Issues, and System Maintenance.
Appendix A. AIS Competencies.
Appendix B. Answers to Learning Checks.
Appendix C. Sample AIS Exam.
Download the Preface file related to this title.