Need to know PHP right now, but don’t want a 1,000-page tome? Check out the Peachpit’s new Short Cuts! Quick PDF guides that are...Smart...Handy...Concise.
This mini guide covers exactly what you need to know about programming and creating a simple Web application with PHP, and nothing more. Never programmed before? No problem. You’ll get all the information, functions, and techniques you need to make your Web sites more professional, feature-rich, and easier to maintain. You’ll learn:
• How to use external files to break your Web pages into individual pieces
• About constants, a special data type in PHP
• Using date- and time-related functions built into PHP
• Useful programming methods
• How to easily send email from PHP
• About output buffering and using HTTP headers
• And more!