• Illustrations and Web-based tools illuminate key points and support active learning.
• Review questions end each of the computer science breadth chapters.
• Incremental exercises build upon one another; eventually new programs for solving interesting and engaging problems are created.
• “Common errors to avoid...” identify and discuss common errors and points of confusion.
• “Designer secrets...” provide problem-solving and program design advice in special sections.
• Nine laboratory assignments supplement the text, corresponding to each programming depth chapter.
Author Website: www.dave-reed.com/book
A Balanced Introduction to Computer Science, 3/e is ideal for Introduction to Computing and the Web courses in departments of Math and Computer Science.