- Understand the overall 5G ecosystem and individual building blocks
- Explore 5G R&D and standardization roadmaps, so you can plan to leverage 5G technology more effectively
- Brings together crucial knowledge previously scattered across scores of publications, standards documents, blog posts, and white papers
- Complemented by a frequently updated website with links to relevant sources and supporting documents
- By William Stallings, 13-time winner of the prestigious TAA Computer Science Textbook of the Year Award
- Ancillary PowerPoint slides provided to instructors make preparing for lectures easier (file downloadable from Pearson.com)
- Copyright 2021
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 600
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-676714-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-676714-5
The 5G ultra-high-speed wireless communication standard is a major technological leap forward. For both technical and management professionals, it requires significant new knowledge and enables important new applications. In 5G Wireless: A Comprehensive Introduction, renowned information technology author William Stallings presents a comprehensive and unified explanation of 5Gs key aspects, applications, and implications. Like Stallings other award-winning texts, this guide is designed to help readers quickly find the information and gain the mastery you need to master this critical new technology. Coverage includes:
- Background and overview: A concise history of the development of cellular networks through 4G, introducing 5Gs motivation, characteristics, and technologies.
- Application and use cases: A broad survey of both general application areas and specific use cases; includes coverage of implications for IoT, cloud, and fog computing.
- Air interface: A detailed survey of all aspects of radio transmission and the wireless interface.
- 5G core: A survey of 5G core architecture and deployment.
- 5G security and privacy: Requirements, threats, vulnerabilities, security controls, security product and service solutions, and privacy.
Table of Contents
Part I. Background and Overview
1. The Evolution of Cellular Networks
2. Why 5G?
3. 5G Initiatives
4. Technologies For 5G
Part 2: Applications and Use Cases
5. IoT, Fog, and Cloud
6. Types of Applications
7. Use Cases
Part 3: The Air Interface
9. Physical Layer
10. Logical Layers
11. Coding and Error Control
12. Performance, Quality of Service, and Scheduling
Part 4: 5G Core
13. 5G Core Network
14. Virtualization and Softwarization
Part 5: 5G Security
15. 5G Security and Privacy Requirements and Techniques
16. 5G Security and Privacy Solutions