This chapter is from the book
- Karplus, W. J., and Soroka, W. W. Analog Methods, 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 1959, p. 117.
- Mikami, N., Kobayashi, M., and Yokoyama, Y. "A New DSP-Oriented Algorithm for Calculation of the Square Root Using a Nonlinear Digital Filter," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 40, No. 7, July 1992.
- Heinen, P., and Neuvo, Y. "FIR-Median Hybrid Filters," IEEE Trans. on Acoust. Speech, and Signal Proc., Vol. ASSP-35, No. 6, June 1987.
- Oppenheim, A., Schafer, R., and Stockham, T. "Nonlinear Filtering of Multiplied and Convolved Signals," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 56, August 1968.
- Pickerd, John. "Impulse-Response Testing Lets a Single Test Do the Work of Thousands," EDN, April 27, 1995.