This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Conquer Windows Server 2016–from the inside out!
Dive into Windows Server 2016–and really put your Windows Server expertise to work. Focusing on Windows Server 2016’s most powerful and innovative features, this supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds–all you need to plan, implement, or manage Windows Server in enterprise, data center, cloud, and hybrid environments. Fully reflecting Windows Server new capabilities for the cloud-first era, Orin covers everything from Nano Server to Windows Server and Hyper-V Containers. You’ll discover how experts tackle today’s essential tasks–and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
• Optimize the full Windows Server 2016 lifecycle, from planning and configuration through rollout and administration
• Ensure fast, reliable upgrades and migrations
• Seamlessly deliver core DNS, DHCP, file, print, storage, and Internet services
• Use IPAM to centrally manage all enterprise DNS and DHCP infrastructure
• Gain dramatic storage utilization improvements with built-in deduplication and storage replica
• Build flexible cloud and hybrid environments with Windows Containers and Shielded VMs
• Seamlessly integrate Azure IaaS services with Windows Server 2016
• Slash resource usage and improve availability with tiny Nano Server installations
• Improve configuration management with Desired State Configuration and Chef
• Deliver Active Directory identity, certificate, federation, and rights management services
• Protect servers, clients, assets, and users with advanced Windows Server 2016 security features including Just Enough Administration
For Experienced Windows Server Users and IT Professionals
• Your role: Experienced intermediate-to-advanced level Windows Server user or IT professional
• Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Windows Server procedures, techniques, and navigation
Current Book ServiceIn addition, this book is part of the Current Book Service from Microsoft Press. Books in this program receive periodic updates to address significant software changes for 12 to 18 months following the original publication date via a free Web Edition. Learn more at https://www.microsoftpresss
Chapter 1: Administration Tools
Chapter 2: Installation Options
Chapter 3: Deployment and Configuration
Chapter 4: Active Directory
Chapter 5: Network Infrastructure
Chapter 6: Hyper-V
Chapter 7: Storage Services
Chapter 8: File and Print Services
Chapter 9: IIS
Chapter 10: Containers
Chapter 11: Clustering and High Availability
Chapter 12: Active Directory Certificate Services
Chapter 13: Active Directory Federation Services
Chapter 14: Active Directory Rights Management Services
Chapter 15: Network Policy and Access Services
Chapter 16: VDI and Remote Desktop
Chapter 17: Windows Server 2016 and Azure IaaS
Chapter 18: Security
Chapter 19: Maintenance
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.