Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
This PDF will be accessible from your Account page after purchase and requires the free Adobe® Reader® software to read it.
The eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Windows Forms 2.0 Programming is the successor to the highly praised Windows Forms Programming in C#. This edition has been significantly updated to amalgamate the sheer mass of new and improved support that is encompassed by Windows Forms 2.0, the .NET Framework 2.0, and Visual Studio 2005. This is the one book developers need in order to learn how to build and deploy leading-edge Windows Forms 2.0 applications.
Readers will gain a deep understanding from Sells and Weinhardt’s practical, well-balanced approach to the subject and clear code samples.
• Windows Forms 2.0 fundamentals, including forms, dialogs, data validation, help, controls, components, and rendering
• Static and dynamic layout, snap lines, HTML-style flow and table layout, automatic resizing, and automatic cross-DPI scaling
• Office 2003-style tool strip control coverage, including dynamic layout and custom rendering
• Design-time integration with the Visual Studio 2005 Properties Window and Smart Tags
• Resource management, strongly typed resources, and internationalization considerations
• Strongly typed application and user settings
• SDI, MDI, Single Instancing, Multiple-Instance SDI, Single-Instance MDI, database-centric, and document-centric applications
• Databinding data-source management, drag-and-drop databinding, the BindingSource, the BindingNavigator, and applied databinding
• Events, delegates, multithreaded UIs, long-running operations, simplified multithreading with the BackgroundWorker, and asynchronous web service calls
• ClickOnce application development publishing, shell integration, and partial trust security
• Best practices for developers transitioning from Windows Forms 1.0 and MFC
About the Authors xxv
Chapter 1 Hello, Windows Forms 1
Chapter 2 Forms 41
Chapter 3 Dialogs 99
Chapter 4 Layout 137
Chapter 5 Drawing Basics 179
Chapter 6 Drawing Text 231
Chapter 7 Advanced Drawing 265
Chapter 8 Printing 291
Chapter 9 Components 327
Chapter 10 Controls 353
Chapter 11 Design-Time Integration: The Properties Window 399
Chapter 12 Design-Time Integration: Designers and Smart Tags 453
Chapter 13 Resources 505
Chapter 14 Applications 549
Chapter 15 Settings 579
Chapter 16 Data Binding Basics 629
Chapter 17 Applied Data Binding 681
Chapter 18 Multithreaded User Interfaces 737
Chapter 19 ClickOnce Deployment 775
Appendix A What’s New in Windows Forms 2.0 829
Appendix C Delegates and Events 867
Appendix D Component and Control Survey 881
Appendix E Drag and Drop 901
Appendix F Document Management 927