- Many working code examples, and exercises in each chapter.
- Simple and short examples—Can be finished in a reasonable amount of time in a classroom setting.
- Reflects all the changes introduced in C++ by the finalization of the ANSI/ISO C++ Standard.
- A chapter featuring a rapid introduction to the C concepts and basic C++ features.
- Thinking in C: Foundations for Java and C++ CD-ROM —Bound into the back of every book.
- Website, www.BruceEckel.com—Contains the source code, along with updates and information about CD-ROMs, public seminars, and in-house training, consulting, mentoring and walk-throughs.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/4"
- Pages: 832
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-035313-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-035313-9
Use the full power of C++
- First Edition Winner 1996 Jolt Award for Best Book of the Year.
- Learn practical programming and best practices.
- Meet the difficult challenges of C++ development.
- Build reliable and robust programs.
- Design Patterns chapter shows sophisticated use of objects, composition and polymorphism.
- Provides a gentle introduction to multithreaded programming, a feature being considered for the next version of Standard C++.
- Defensive Programming chapter includes a simple unit-testing framework and debugging techniques.
- In-depth treatment of Standard C++ Library facilities including strings, iostreams, and the "STL" algorithms and containers.
- Modern usage of templates, including template metaprogramming.
- Unravels the perplexities of multiple inheritance.
- Shows practical uses for RTTI.
- Explores exception handling in depth and clearly explains exception-safe design.
- Compliant with the official ISO C++ Standard.
- Presents results of current research being considered for inclusion in the next revision of Standard C++.
- All code examples freely downloadable, tested on multiple platforms and compilers including the free GNU C++ compiler on Windows/Mac/Linux.
- Annotated Solutions Guide
- Seminars and consulting
- Free DownloadVolume I of this book
Table of Contents
I. BUILDING STABLE SYSTEMS.
1. Exception Handling.
2. Defensive Programming.
3. Debugging Techniques.
II. THE STANDARD C++ LIBRARY.
4. Strings in Depth.
6. Templates in Depth.
7. STL Containers and Iterators.
8. STL Algorithms.
III. ADVANCED TOPICS.
9. Run-time Type Identification.
10. Multiple Inheritance.
11. Design Patterns.
Appendix A: Recommended Reading.
Appendix B: Etc.