PRODUCT SUPPORT ANNOUNCEMENT
Some videos and Web Editions may be returning errors on launch. Learn more.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
• Understanding automated testing and TDD
• Building effective automated testing workflows
• Testing code for both browsers and servers (using Node.js)
• Using TDD to build cleaner APIs, better modularized code, and more robust software
• Writing testable code
• Using test stubs and mocks to test units in isolation
• Continuously improving code through refactoring
• Walking through the construction and automated testing of fully functional software
The accompanying Web site, tddjs.com, contains all of the book’s code listings and additional resources.
Part I: Test-Driven Development
Chapter 1: Automated Testing
Chapter 2: The Test Driven Development Process
Chapter 3: Tools of the Trade
Chapter 4: Test to Learn
Chapter 5: Functions
Chapter 6: Applied Functions and Closures
Chapter 7: Objects and Prototypal Inheritance
Chapter 8: ECMAScript 5th Edition
Chapter 10: Feature Detection
Chapter 11: The Observer Pattern
Chapter 12: Abstracting Browser Differences: Ajax
Chapter 13: Streaming Data With Ajax and Comet
Chapter 15: TDD and DOM Manipulation: The Chat Client
Part IV: Testing Patterns
Chapter 16: Mocking and Stubbing
Chapter 17: Writing Good Unit Tests