- Copyright 1999
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Edition: 5th
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-4690-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-4690-2
“Look it up in Petzold” remains the decisive last word in answering questions about Windows development. And in PROGRAMMING WINDOWS, FIFTH EDITION, the esteemed Windows Pioneer Award winner revises his classic text with authoritative coverage of the latest versions of the Windows operating system—once again drilling down to the essential API heart of Win32 programming. Topics include:
- The basics—input, output, dialog boxes
- An introduction to Unicode
- Graphics—drawing, text and fonts, bitmaps and metafiles
- The kernel and the printer
- Sound and music
- Dynamic-link libraries
- Multitasking and multithreading
- The Multiple-Document Interface
- Programming for the Internet and intranets
Packed as always with definitive examples, this newest Petzold delivers the ultimate sourcebook and tutorial for Windows programmers at all levels working with Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows NT. No aspiring or experienced developer can afford to be without it.
An electronic version of this book is available on the companion CD.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Follow the instructions to download this book's lesson files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Table of Contents
- Author's Note
- Part I: The Basics
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: An Introduction to Unicode
- Chapter 3: Windows and Messages
- Chapter 4: An Exercise in Text Output
- Chapter 5: Basic Drawing
- Chapter 6: The Keyboard
- Chapter 7: The Mouse
- Chapter 8: The Timer
- Chapter 9: Child Window Controls
- Chapter 10: Menus and Other Resources
- Chapter 11: Dialog Boxes
- Chapter 12: The Clipboard
- Part II: More Graphics
- Chapter 13: Using the Printer
- Chapter 14: Bitmaps and Bitblts
- Chapter 15: The Device-Independent Bitmap
- Chapter 16: The Palette Manager
- Chapter 17: Text and Fonts
- Chapter 18: Metafiles
- Part III: Advanced Topics
- Chapter 19: The Multiple-Document Interface
- Chapter 20: Multitasking and Multithreading
- Chapter 21: Dynamic-Link Libraries
- Chapter 22: Sound and Music
- Chapter 23: A Taste of the Internet