This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
In her long career as Product Evangelist for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, Julieanne Kost has taught thousands of digital photographers how to get the most out of Adobe's digital imaging software, in seminars, presentations, and blog posts ranging from nuts-and-bolts tips and tricks to inspirational tutorials on creating sophisticated artistic effects. As Lightroom has grown into the premier image organization and editing tool for photographers, she is often asked by her students and other fans to outline her own Lightroom workflow in a book. This is that book!
Using her own stunning images as the starting point, Julieanne shares her working methods with the reader, starting from the initial idea for a photo project, continuing through planning and executing the shoots, and spending the bulk of the time describing the post-capture workflow: organizing the images in Lightroom, performing basic and advanced edits, off-loading images to Photoshop for special purposes, then packaging the project for publication and distribution as a book, slideshow, or web site.
Readers will reap the benefit of Julieanne's long and deep experience with both Lightroom and Photoshop as well as her refined artist's sensibility. The book deftly combines practical information about working with the camera and computer, but under Julieanne's guidance the practical is always presented in the service of maintaining and supporting the photographer's vision for the overall project.
There are other books on using Lightroom to catalog and edit images, but they tend to be general-purpose manuals that cover any and all types of images and uses. This book focuses on those techniques and workflows that Julieanne finds most useful for her own photographic projects; in this case a series of images shot from the window of a moving car going through a variety of landscapes at different times of the year.
Check out the ad in the back of the book for details on becoming an Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan member for up to 20% off your first year!
First things first
2. Personal Projects - A Necessity
3. Defining the project.
6. Camera Techniques (basic design principals)
7. Capturing Motion (different types)
8. During the Shoot
9. Defining Your Own Personal Project The Photographs
AFTER - The post-capture workflow
10. Customizing Lightroom
11. Adding Images to Lightroom
12. Editing (culling)Images
13. Renaming files
14. Adding Keywords
15. Making Collections
16. Sequencing images (printing contact sheets?)
17. Setting up LR default processing
18. Applying Lens corrections
20. The Histogram
21. Making Basic adjustments
22. Comparing edits (before and after, using VCs)
23. Advanced Tonal and Color Adjustments
24. Removing dust and small imperfections
25. Making selective adjustments (Adjustment brush, radial and graduated filters)
26. Sharpening and Noise Reduction
27. Special Effects (vignettes and grain)
28. Syncing Files
29. Creating and applying Presets
30. Converting to DNG
31. Saving Changes and Exporting from LR
32. Opening Files into Photoshop (for further processing)
33. Making selective changes - dodge and burn, masking
34. Removing imperfections using the Content aware Tools
35. Saving files in Photoshop
36. Making Books in Lightroom (Blurb and PDF) (sequencing images)
37. Sharing your work
38. Making a slideshow in Lightroom
39. Printing the Perfect Image
40. Exporting images for posting online (export and print to JPEG)
41. Archiving your photography