- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6368-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6368-8
Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to the fundamentals of parallel programming
Teach yourself how to help improve application performance by using parallel programming techniques in Visual Studio 2010—one step at a time. Ideal for experienced programmers with little or no parallel programming experience, this tutorial provides practical, learn-by-doing exercises for creating applications that optimize the use of multicore processors.
Discover how to:
- Apply techniques to help increase your application's speed and efficiency
- Simplify the process of adding parallelism with the Task Parallel Library (TPL)
- Execute several tasks concurrently with various scheduling techniques
- Perform data queries in parallel with PLINQ
- Use concurrent collections in Microsoft .NET Framework 4 for data items
- Extend classes in the TPL to meet the specific requirements of your application
- Perform live debugging of an application with parallel code