Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
In a busy world of noise, how do you get your message across?
Everyone knows how vital good communication is in any business. But what’s the point if no-one’s listening to you?
How to Speak so People Listen shows you how to make sure that what you’re saying is being listened to and making a difference. Using proven techniques from the world’s most successful communicators, debaters and conversationalists, you’ll discover how to:
• Always be heard by speaking in a compelling, persuasive and powerful way
• Seize attention, make an impact and leave a memorable first impression
• Think fast and quickly adapt your message to suit your audience
• Stand out at meetings, conferences, networking events and chance encounters
• Be confident at public speaking – someone people really want to listen to
Effective tools, strategies, tips and tricks will make sure you’re able to command attention and know that, whenever you speak, people will want to hear what you have to say.
About the author
Part 1 The way we speak
Chapter 1 Thinking about speaking
Chapter 2 Getting started
Part 2 The four steps
Chapter 3 Get something to say
Chapter 4 Get attention
Chapter 5 Get your message across
Chapter 6 Get results
Part 3 The four situations
Chapter 7 Focus on conversations
Chapter 8 Focus on complicated conversations
Chapter 9 Focus on meetings
Chapter 10 Focus on public speaking
Part 4 Final insights
Chapter 11 The 25 core concepts of How to Speak so People Listen
Who else needs to speak so people listen?
Mike can speak so your audience listens
Also by Mike Clayton