This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
A Field Guide to Digital Transformation is the definitive reference and tutorial for all IT professionals and decision-makers who want to understand digital transformation and successfully achieve it in their own organizations. Best-selling IT author Thomas Erl and long-time practitioner Amin Naserour combine comprehensive coverage of digital transformation as a field of practice, and detailed guidance for adopting digital transformation and executing projects from start to finish.
Erl and Naserour present a complete tutorial on digital transformation concepts, tools, technologies and practices, organized into a proven industry framework for adoption. Next, they offer end-to-end coverage of the full project lifecycle, walking readers through planning, defining, designing, building, and governing digital transformation solutions. The authors highlight common risks, pitfalls, and adoption considerations, sharing practical insights into the organizational, cultural, technological, and operational impacts associated with digital transformation initiatives.
Uniquely detailed and practical, this guide reflects the authors deep experience driving value from digital transformation using technologies available right now.
Part I: Fundamental Digital Transformation
1. Understanding Digital Transformation
2. Fundamental Terms and Concepts
3. Introduction to Digital Transformation Technologies
Part II: Creating a Digital Transformation Roadmap
4. Identifying Digital Transformation Domains
5. Identifying and Discovering New Business Value
6. Assessing Digital Business Capabilities
7. Assessing Digital Technology Capabilities
Part III: Putting Digital Transformation into Practice
8. Applying a Digital Transformation Framework
9. Identifying and Implementing Digital Transformation Technologies
10. Carrying out a Digital Transformation Lifecycle
Part IV: Guiding Practices and Considerations
11. Digital Transformation Best Practices
12. Digital Transformation Adoption and Leadership Considerations
Appendix A. Digital Maturity Model
Appendix B. Business Value Canvas
Appendix C. Digital Transformation Technology Matrix