Use better thinking to empower yourself, discover opportunities, avoid disastrous mistakes, build wealth, and achieve your biggest goals!
- A complete, up-to-the-minute blueprint for improving the way you think about everything – from business decisions to personal relationships
- Specific guidance for making more intelligent decisions, and overcoming the irrationalities and “sociocentric” limits we all face
- Updated throughout with new, more relevant examples and exercises
- By the nation’s #1 experts in critical thinking, Drs. Richard W. Paul and Linda Elder
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Pages: 480
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-311528-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-311528-4
Use better thinking to empower yourself, discover opportunities, avoid disastrous mistakes, build wealth, and achieve your biggest goals! This is your complete, up-to-the-minute blueprint for assessing and improving the way you think about everything – from business decisions to personal relationships. Drs. Richard W. Paul and Linda Elder, of the Center for Critical Thinking, offer specific guidance for making more intelligent decisions, and overcoming the irrationalities and "sociocentric" limits we all face. Discover which of the "six stages" of thinking you’re in and learn how to think with clarity, relevance, logic, accuracy, depth, significance, precision, breadth, and fairness. Master strategic thinking skills you can use everywhere and learn how to critically assess what experts tell you. Packed with new examples and exercises, this guide won’t just help you think more effectively: it will help you use those skills to empower yourself, discover new opportunities, avoid disastrous mistakes, and grow your wealth. Above all, it will help you gain the confidence and clarity you need to pursue and achieve your most important goals in life – whatever they are!
Online Sample Chapter
Using Critical Thinking in a World of Accelerating Change and Intensifying Danger
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 1 and Index)
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Thinking in a World of Accelerating Change and Intensifying Danger
- Chapter 2: Becoming a Critic of Your Thinking
- Chapter 3: Becoming a Fairminded Thinker
- Chapter 4: Self-Understanding
- Chapter 5: The First Four Stages of Development: What Level Thinker Are You?
- Chapter 6: The Parts of Thinking
- Chapter 7: The Standards for Thinking
- Chapter 8: Design Your Life
- Chapter 9: The Art of Making Intelligent Decisions
- Chapter 10: Taking Charge of Your Irrational Tendencies
- Chapter 11: Monitoring Your Sociocentric Tendencies
- Chapter 12: Developing as an Ethical Reasoner
- Chapter 13: Analyzing and Evaluating Thinking in Corporate and Organizational Life
- Chapter 14: Strategic Thinking: Part One
- Chapter 15: Strategic Thinking: Part Two
- A Glossary of Critical Thinking Terms and Concepts
- About the Authors