This book is a reference for the network and system administrators who find themselves having to configure and maintain existing Cisco routers as well as get new hardware up and running. The authors jump right into router configuration, discussing setup, local and wide area networking, security, and monitoring. By providing advice and preferred practices, instead of just rehashing Cisco documentation, Cisco Router Configuration & Troubleshooting gives networking professionals information they can start using today.
I. GETTING STARTED.
1. Networking and TCP/IP.
2. Cisco Routers: An Overview.
II. ROUTER CONFIGURATION.
3. Initial Router Setup.
4. Local Area Networking.
5. Wide Area Networking.
6. Configuring Dynamic Routing Protocols.
7. Traffic and Access Management.
III. ROUTER MONITORING.
8. Collecting Data Via SNMP.
9. Collecting Data Via Other Means.
IV. ROUTER TROUBLESHOOTING.
11. Tools of the Trade.
12. Case Study.
13. Troubleshooting the Physical Layer.
14. Troubleshooting the Network Layer.
15. Troubleshooting Dynamic Protocols.