• Focus on the client:
– Writes all programs, classes, and data structures from scratch with the client in mind.
– Encourages students’ sensitivity to the client, making them more marketable for future employment.
– Addresses an important consideration often overlooked in other texts (and left to employers to teach).
• Meaningful, relevant examples.
• Worked examples provided throughout.
• Thorough testing of all code.
• Code for all examples provided.• PowerPoint slides
For sophomore- to junior-level courses in Data Structures or CS-2, offered in departments of Computer Science, CIS, IT, and Business.
Most data structures texts are filled with so many technical details (and lack thorough explanations) that the reading becomes difficult and the course intimidating. This accessible, conversational presentation explores data structures concepts in clear language while maintaining appropriate technical rigor – and makes the course easier to teach. A basic knowledge of C++ is assumed.