- Copyright 2010
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-67917-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67917-8
Audio producer Jeff Sobel is your guide to the only professional audio post-production application designed specifically for the Final Cut editor: Soundtrack Pro 3. Working seamlessly between Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro, you’ll master audio restoration and clean-up, build and edit multitrack projects, record and edit voice-overs and narration, and experiment with advanced mixing and effects.
Using footage from the hit TNT show Leverage and the gorgeous HD documentary OneSixRight, this step-by-step, Apple-certified guide starts with sound editing and mixing basics in Final Cut Pro, and moves on to the fine points of fixing audio files, working with the frequency spectrum, recording and editing dialogue, and spotting sound effects in Soundtrack Pro. Finally, you'll score a sophisticated multitrack montage sequence, and mix and conform it to professional standards. Whether you're a seasoned editor or just getting started, this book shows you how to use Final Cut Studio as an integrated package to produce superb audio and sound design.
- Includes lesson and media files
- Focused lessons take you step by step through real-world projects
- Accessible writing style puts expert instructors at your side
- Ample illustrations help you master techniques fast
- Lesson goals and time estimates help you plan your time
- Chapter review questions summarize what you’ve learned and help you prepare for the Apple Pro certification exam
All of Peachpit's eBooks contain the same content as the print edition. You will find a link in the last few pages of your eBook that directs you to the media files.
- If you are able to search the book, search for "Where are the lesson files?"
- Go to the very last page of the book and scroll backwards.
- You will need a web-enabled device or computer in order to access the media files that accompany this ebook. Entering the URL supplied into a computer with web access will allow you to get to the files.
- Depending on your device, it is possible that your display settings will cut off part of the URL. To make sure this is not the case, try reducing your font size and turning your device to a landscape view. This should cause the full URL to appear.
Table of Contents
Lesson 1 Sound Editing Basics
Lesson 2 Sound Mixing Basics
Lesson 3 Getting to Know Soundtrack Pro
Lesson 4 Fixing Audio Files
Lesson 5 Editing in Frequency Spectrum View
Lesson 6 Recording in Soundtrack Pro
Lesson 7 Editing Dialogue
Lesson 8 Automated Dialogue Replacement Using the Multitake Editor
Lesson 9 Spotting Sound Effects
Lesson 10 Scoring Using Loops
Lesson 11 Advanced Mixing Techniques
Lesson 12 Conforming Multitrack Projects