- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Pure Bending of Beams of Symmetrical Cross Section
- 5.3 Pure Bending of Beams of Asymmetrical Cross Section
- 5.4 Bending of A Cantilever of Narrow Section
- 5.5 Bending of a Simply Supported Narrow Beam
- 5.6 Elementary Theory of Bending
- 5.7 Normal and Shear Stresses
- 5.8 Effect of Transverse Normal Stress
- 5.9 Composite Beams
- 5.10 Shear Center
- 5.11 Statically Indeterminate Systems
- 5.12 Energy Method for Deflections
- 5.13 Elasticity Theory
- 5.14 Curved Beam Formula
- 5.15 Comparison of the Results of Various Theories
- 5.16 Combined Tangential and Normal Stresses
5.1. TIMOSHENKO, S. P., and GOODIER, J. N. Theory of Elasticity, 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1970.
5.2. UGURAL, A. C. Mechanics of Materials. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2008, Chapter 8.
5.3. SOKOLNIKOFF, I. S. Mathematical Theory of Elasticity, 2nd ed. Melbourne, FL: Krieger, 1986.
5.4. COOK, R. D., and YOUNG, W. C. Advanced Mechanics of Materials. New York: Macmillan, 1985.
5.5. BUDYNAS, R. G. Advanced Strength and Applied Stress Analysis, 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1999.
5.6. BORESI, A. P., and SCHMIDT, R. J. Advanced Mechanics of Materials, 6th ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2003.