Test your basic knowledge of the main points in this chapter by answering the following questions:
- Name major insurance business processes and key analytics used by these processes.
- Review how data originates and flows across and outside the organization.
- Apply the Insurance Analytics Evolution Framework to measure maturity.
Further check your application of key concepts by reviewing the following discussion questions:
- Describe how analytics are used in marketing, sales, underwriting, claims, and finance.
- Identify and explain three external data sources and what analytics areas they can be used in.
- Discuss the three challenges in effectively using analytics and how they can be overcome.