- Copyright 2016
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Pages: 352
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-5486-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-5486-8
Rewind Your Biology and Live Like a 20-Year-Old! Edit Your Genes to Live Disease-Free! Find a Parking Space with Your Internet-Connected Brain!
Advances in longevity, genetics, nanotech, and robotics will make all this possible!
This is not science fiction. This is your future. Right now, pioneering scientists and technologists are transforming what it means to be human by overcoming biological limits that have existed since our ancestors swung out of the trees…and into the suburbs. With incredible inspiration and perseverance, these visionaries are solving deep problems of human health and longevity—and their progress is accelerating. Super You takes you inside their labs, companies, and minds…to show how you can reap the benefits of a stronger, longer, better, life. You’ll learn how to start hacking your life today, to become more super, every day. Discover what’s possible when yesterday’s human limits are gone!
- Learn how evolution became obsolete—and why it’s time to start hacking yourself
- Save your life with whirring “jet engine” hearts, printed organs, and other medical miracles
- Rewire and turbo-boost your ape brain
- Become a mega-mind by connecting your brain directly to the Internet to use Google’s synthetic neocortex
- Become superhuman with cyborg technology
- Design and mold your looks
- Genetically engineer your baby to be a tennis star (and other true stories)
- Prepare for the political and religious backlash against the future
- Discover how scientists will make death obsolete by treating it like a curable disease—and how to live until they do
Online Sample Chapter
Hyper Longevity: How to Make Death Obsolete
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 8 and Index)
Table of Contents
- Introduction: The Confronting Nature of Becoming Super
- Chapter 1: The Emergence of (You) the Human Machine
- Chapter 2: Baby Science: How to Conceive a Tennis Star and Other Procreative Miracles
- Chapter 3: Beauty Hacks: Becoming Barbie, a Lizard, or Whatever You Want to Be
- Chapter 4: Lifesaving Hacks: Whirring Hearts, Printed Organs, and Miraculous Medicine
- Chapter 5: The Human Computer: How to Rewire and Turbo-Boost Your Ape Brain
- Chapter 6: Franken-You: A Better Life Through Cyborg Technology
- Chapter 7: In Hacks We Trust? The Political and Religious Backlash Against the Future
- Chapter 8: Hyper Longevity: How to Make Death Obsolete
- Chapter 9: Human 2.0: The Future Is You