Prepares students for whatever challenges they are likely to encounter, while providing a firm foundation in the key concepts and techniques they will constantly rely upon.
Gives students hands-on mastery of the WordPerfect features they are likely to use most often.
Shows students how to become effective with WordPerfect 12 far more quickly.
Prepares students to work with WordPerfect in the legal market, where WordPerfect continues to dominate.
New owners of Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Sony computers, you may find a surprise program on your hard drive. Corel's WordPerfect 12 is now coming pre-installed on all models of HP, Dell and Sony computers. This program is quickly becoming one of the most popular word processing applications, already used by over 18 million people worldwide, so it is worth learning! Special Edition Using WordPerfect 12 is the most comprehensive and up-to-date book on the subject and is backed and promoted by WordPerfect Universe and wpwriter.com. You will be able to learn and grow with this book, as it provides you with reference material that will help you at all stages as you move towards software proficiency on both WordPerfect 12 and WordPerfect 11. Use this book to first learn the program's basic functions and then how to speed up your work using the writing tools, increase your accuracy, automate document production through the use of templates and generate mass mailings using the mail merge function. This is all you need to learn and master WordPerfect 12 and 11!
I. Learning the Basics.
1. Getting Comfortable with WordPerfect.
2. Opening and Editing Documents.
3. Understanding the Basics of Formatting.
4. Managing Your Files and Folders.
5. Using the Writing Tools.
6. Printing, Faxing, and E-Mailing.
II. FORMATTING DOCUMENTS.
7. Formatting Lines and Paragraphs.
8. Formatting the Page.
9. Formatting with Styles.
III. ORGANIZING INFORMATION.
10. Working with Tables.
11. Organizing Information with Lists and Outlines.
IV. Working with Graphics.
12. Adding Graphics to Documents.
13. Customizing Graphic Shapes and Images.
14. Adding Drawings and TextArt.
V. Integrating Information from Other Sources.
15. Importing Data and Working with Other Programs.
16. Inserting Charts.
VI. PUBLISHING DOCUMENTS.
17. Collaborating on Documents.
18. Working with Large or Multipart Documents.
19. Generating Tables, Indexes, and Lists.
20. Interactive and Multimedia Documents.
21. Publishing Documents on the World Wide Web.
22. Working with XML Documents.
VII. AUTOMATING EVERYDAY TASKS.
23. Building Documents with Templates.
24. Assembling Documents with Merge.
25. Working with Address Books.
26. Using Experts and Macros.